Doka Group, a subsidiary of the Umdasch Group is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of formwork products and systems with more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries. From its headquarters in Austria, Doka’s heritage of innovation has positioned itself as a front runner in creating disruptive technologies for the construction market, with an emphasis firmly placed on supporting the needs of its clients.
The first branch in the region was opened in 1977 and is located in Shuwaikh, Kuwait. The branch boasts more than 8,000 m² of land and the plot is comprised of an office, a stockyard and a warehouse. Kuwait is an oil rich, family-run emirate in the Middle East and is situated on the Arabian Peninsula. It borders the northwestern corner of the Arabian Gulf, and with an area of 17,818 km² it is slightly smaller than twice the size of Cyprus. Kuwait has a large expat population and approximately two thirds of the country’s workforce is made up of foreigners who find Kuwait to be safe and very family-friendly.
Doka Kuwait is currently looking to recruit a career driven professional to join its versatile team and support the company’s ongoing national expansion. The suitable candidate will be a qualified and natural team player who can add significant value to this highly dynamic team.
Are you a natural team player, passionate about managing warehouse operations and a small team? Are you currently looking for a new professional opportunity? Then apply for our new position as Warehouse Operations Supervisor at Doka Kuwait.
As our new Warehouse Operations Supervisor your main responsibilities comprise:
- Ensuring efficient execution of all yard related activities (such as picking, loading, returns, service and maintenance, quality management, inspections, stock counting)
- Coordinating inbound and outbound container shipments with Operations department
- Ensuring that the yard equipment is safe, operational and regularly serviced
- Planning and allocating resources efficiently to minimize costs and maximize productivity
- Making sure to keep the agreed service level for our customers
- Maintaining and improving processes and keeping high quality standards
- Implementing new processes and tools if assessed to increase efficiency and quality
- Correcting processing of transactions in Discos II
- Preparing and monitoring relevant YOP key performance indicators monthly and sharing them with team members
- Monitoring inventory and ensuring efficient and safe storage of material
- Maintaining a safe working environment and ensuring proper yard housekeeping
- Executing monthly sample stock takes as well as the annual full stock take to ensure a high stock accuracy throughout the year
- Creating team spirit and passion among a small team of 9 employees
- Other tasks upon request of Head of Operations
- Warehouse management experience & previous/current team lead role
- A true team player who confidently claims the team lead role
- Commercial / Technical qualification
- Proficient computer skills using MS Office and Doka-internal programs such as DISCOS II
- Preferably familiarity with Site Construction, Logistics, Quality Management
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, work under pressure & go the extra mile
- Ability to work independently, process- and improvement-driven
- Confident, self-driven individual with a hands-on attitude
- Ability to communicate and engage with different stakeholders
- Excellent English skills, further languages are a plus