Doka Group is a world leader in developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork technology for use in all fields of the construction sector. With more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries, the Doka Group has a high-performing distribution network which ensures that equipment and technical support are provided swiftly and professionally. An enterprise forming part of the Umdasch Group, the Doka Group employs a worldwide workforce of more than 6,200.
Doka Malaysia is a 100% subsidiary of the Doka Group. To continue building our high level of service for our customers, the Doka Group not only invests in its employees’ professional and personal career development but also sets great store by foresighted personnel planning. If you are passionate about what you do, have an inner drive to succeed, a desire to learn and grow from your experiences, then this is your opportunity to step up to a challenge!
To continue building our high level of service for our customers, the Doka Group not only invests in its employees’ professional and personal career development but also sets great store by foresighted personnel planning. If you are passionate about what you do, have an inner drive to succeed, a desire to learn and grow from your experiences, then this is your opportunity to step up to a challenge!
Main Purpose of Job
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, this position requires someone who understands the temporary works, and find solutions/ advice in terms of viable statics, dimensions, innovation of Doka Products and manage formwork design planning independently and support in the sales proposal and pitching.
1. Project design for offers, tenders or orders
- You ensure that the drawings indicate the proper use of Doka forming equipment and that the drawings represent safe, economical and efficient designs.
- You prepare specifications and calculations for static quotes and deliveries.
- You ensure that work is designed with available inventory and in conformance with contractual obligations.
- You provide material lists for quotations to Sales and Operations team, for shipments to the site.
- You work closely with clients/ FI to ensure designs are implemented and executed on-site.
2. Innovations/ Creations of Product Development
- You support our engineers in finding solutions to use existing Doka Products or innovate as appropriate while maintaining, safe, economical and efficient design
3. Sales Proposal, pitching, discussion with clients
- As Senior Project Engineer, you will have regular contact with customers and the sales organization as a problem solver and discussion partner.
- You work with sales to produce AutoCAD drawings using Doka formwork systems during the proposal stage of construction projects and finalize the drawings to be used for actual jobsites.
- You support the Doka Malaysia’s Sales Team by determining appropriate formwork solutions that meet the customers’ needs (economically, and in compliance with safety and regulatory guidelines).
- You participate in staff training programs ensuring continuous training is provided in calculations, formwork, product knowledge, computer systems/software applications, etc.
- You ensure that the policies, procedures, programs, standards of performance and compliance are adhered to.
- Other duties and projects assigned to you
What do I need to qualify for the job?
- Technical education (civil or Structural engineering)
- Excellent skills in AutoCAD, Static and Microsoft Office. Experience in Revit will be an advantage
- Experience in BS, MS, and EC
- Experience in infrastructure projects e.g. Bridges, Dams, Tunnels, etc.
- Experience in steel construction or fabrication will be an advantage
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience on formwork systems will be an advantage
- Strong analytical skills and technical proficiency
- Ability to manage multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines and budgets
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely and adapt to the diverse cultural working environment
You should apply for this job if you have
- Strong ownership and self-initiator
- Able to work independently and as a team player in a results-driven, fast-paced environment
- Hands-on mentality and engaged personality, confident attitude
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN:
- Joining an MNC in the formwork solutions business
- Working with construction clients to achieve commercial success ?
- Working and exposure to diverse types of construction project i.e. Tunnel, Bridge, MRT, High Rise
- Joining a team that is globally known for solving some of the most interesting and complex construction projects?
- Top quality training and development to develop your expertise in formwork industry?
- A highly supportive, dynamic, team-based environment?
- A flat hierarchy giving you unprecedented potential to interact and learn from seniors?
- Being part of the team that helps the client in building the most impressive project like the Exchange 118 and Signature Tower, I-City Mall in Malaysia
We invest in people through a range of initiatives in compensation, benefits, and learning and development, and we strive to create an environment where our employees are challenged, empowered and can flourish.
We offer flexible working hours arrangement, Medical, insurance coverage for employee and dependents, optical, dental, trainings and work with a diverse group of colleagues.
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITIES :
At Doka, the key to success has always been our people – whose expertise, diversity and commitment set the standard for the formwork industry. We cultivate an environment where colleagues can continuously grow and innovate, and where respect for individual contributions and collective successes are core values. We offer a diverse team, opportunities to grow, and international mobility.
If you believe you can demonstrate the skills that we are looking for, please submit your CV stating your notice period, current and expected salary.