Doka Group is a world leader in developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork technology for use in all fields of the construction sector. With more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries, the Doka Group has a high-performing distribution network which ensures that equipment and technical support are provided swiftly and professionally. An enterprise forming part of the Umdasch Group, the Doka Group employs a worldwide workforce of more than 6,200.
Doka Malaysia is a 100% subsidiary of the Doka Group. To continue building our high level of service for our customers, the Doka Group not only invests in its employees’ professional and personal career development but also sets great store by foresighted personnel planning. If you are passionate about what you do, have an inner drive to succeed, a desire to learn and grow from your experiences, then this is your opportunity to step up to a challenge!
To continue building our high level of service for our customers, the Doka Group not only invests in its employees’ professional and personal career development but also sets great store by foresighted personnel planning. If you are passionate about what you do, have an inner drive to succeed, a desire to learn and grow from your experiences, then this is your opportunity to step up to a challenge!
Main Purpose of Job
Reporting to the Head of Engineering (based in Malaysia), the incumbent will lead variety of subject matter, and manage group of engineers according to DOKA group leaderships to support and promote realization of strategy.
What you'll Do:
Management : You support and promote the realization of the Doka Malaysia strategy, lead according to Doka values and principles while ensure motivations of your team and you ensure that the policies, procedures, programs, standards of performance and compliance are adhered to.
You ensure compliance with internal standards, legislation and authority regulations, sets optimization and standards
Engineering Drawings and plannings:
- You are responsible for the end to end project planning (including material listing, offer drawings, shop drawings, coordinating projects) and client support agreement with the internal and external stake holders.
- You support sales managers in higher success conversion to signed agreement in the client discussion on their expectations and understanding the needs of the customers and potential client.
- You coordinate the verification of projects by statics department or to others.
- You support in the launch of new products.
Process Optimisation and problem solving
- You ensure team members and yourself coordinates with internal and external stakeholders according to technical rules
- You share your experience and expertise in the form of active speaker during trainings, meeting, information sharing. and you actively assist in innovation & optimisation process
- You recognize potential for improvement and uses existing possibilities for change and demands from others.
Coaching and mentoring
- As a Team Leader, you are to prepare and discuss with your team members on their targets and performance achieved while aligning the measures to company goals
- You promote communication culture of discussion and feedback, problem solving, active use of conflict management and information flow.
- You accomplish results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining team members; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- You understand team member’s technical challenges and provide guidance to team member on finding solutions.
What you need to succeed.
- Technical education (civil or construction engineering), licensed Professional Engineer will be an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years experience in high-rise designs
- Minimum 3 years’ leadership experience with International formwork systems
- Excellent skills in Auto CAD 2 and Microsoft Office
- Well-developed analytical skills and technical proficiency
- Ability to manage multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines and budgets
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment on standard and major projects
- A good listener and ability to diagnose client requirements
- Able to work independently and as a team player in a results-driven, fast-paced environment
- Hands-on mentality and engaged personality, confident attitude
We offer flexible working hours arrangement, Medical, insurance coverage for employee and dependents, optical, dental, trainings and work with a diverse group of colleagues.