With more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries, highly efficient in-house production and more than 6,000 employees, the Doka Group is one of the world’s leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing modern system formwork technology. Our strong and effective sales organisation gives construction firms all over the world swift access to path-breaking formwork solutions and services for all areas of cast-in-place building construction.
Distribution Center (DC) Asia, based in Singapore, is a subsidiary of the Doka Group and responsible for the sourcing and supply of Doka Materials within Asia. To continue building our high level of service for our customers, the Doka Group not only invests in its employees’ professional and personal career development but also sets great store by foresighted personnel planning. If you are passionate about what you do, have an inner drive to succeed, a desire to learn and grow from your experiences, then this is your opportunity to step up to a challenge!
Doka is expanding its presence. If you are looking to work for a dynamic multinational that has strategic growth plans for Asia Pacific and offers a unique opportunity to grow your career nationally and internationally, then Doka is the place for you!
As Supply Planner, your main task will be centralized sourcing of material for countries supported by the Distribution Center in Asia. You will closely coordinate with the countries to achieve optimum material supply for their respective requirements.
You will ensure efficient and cost-effective scheduling by setting up seamless communication processes between the countries and the Distribution Center (DC) as well as continuously improving data quality.
You will achieve optimum stock levels within the supply area by ensuring material supply for Doka clients whilst optimizing the supply network to find the balance between surplus material and requirements.
You will implement strategic measures in regards to slow-moving items and coordinate capacities with the Yard Operations team of the DC. In addition, you will work closely with all stakeholders (HQ, region, country organization) on a variety of topics and projects.
The role reports directly to Distribution Centre Operations Manager, Asia who is based in Singapore.
Required (Education and Technical)
- Degree in business and related field
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Material, Logistics and Procurement
- Fresh Graduates are welcome to apply
- Excellent skills in Excel are required. Skills to work with vlook-up and pivot table are a must.
Required (Attributes and Motivation)
- Ability to analyse a problem to come up with a logical solution
- Excellent communication skills in english
- Ability to handle sensitive issues with tact
- Entrepreneurial way of thinking and acting
- Proactive and results oriented with a sense of responsibility and urgency
- Strong customer service orientation and an ability to work well with a team
- Ability to work under pressure simultaneously
- Organized and solution-oriented way of working
Preferred (Skills and Background)
- Experience with material planning software tools such as Rapid Response is advantageous.
Please note that this role will require you to spend about 2-3 months abroad for training at the initial stages.
Location: Jurong, Singapore