Doka Group is a world leader in developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork technology for use in all fields of the construction sector. With more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries, the Doka Group has a high-performing distribution network which ensures that equipment and technical support are provided swiftly and professionally. An enterprise forming part of the Umdasch Group, the Doka Group employs a worldwide workforce of more than 6,200.
Doka Malaysia is a 100% subsidiary of the Doka Group. To continue building our high level of service for our customers, the Doka Group not only invests in its employees’ professional and personal career development but also sets great store by foresighted personnel planning. If you are passionate about what you do, have an inner drive to succeed, a desire to learn and grow from your experiences, then this is your opportunity to step up to a challenge!
To continue building our high level of service for our customers, the Doka Group not only invests in its employees’ professional and personal career development but also sets great store by foresighted personnel planning. If you are passionate about what you do, have an inner drive to succeed, a desire to learn and grow from your experiences, then this is your opportunity to step up to a challenge!
You will be reporting to the Team Leader, this position requires someone who understands the Formwork and Scaffolding, and can manage formwork design planning independently and support in the sales proposal and pitching.
- As Senior/Project Engineer, you will have regular contact with customers and the sales organization as a problem solver and discussion partner.
- You work with sales to produce AutoCAD drawings using Doka formwork systems during the proposal stage of construction projects and finalize the drawings to be used for actual jobsites.
- You ensure that the drawings indicate the proper use of Doka forming equipment and that the drawings represent safe, economical and efficient designs.
- You prepare specifications and calculations for static quotes and deliveries.
- You provide material lists for quotations to Sales and Operations team, for shipments to the site
- You participate in staff training programs ensuring continuous training is provided in calculations, formwork, product knowledge, computer systems/software applications, etc.
- You support the Sales Team by determining appropriate formwork solutions that meet the customers’ needs (economically, and in compliance with safety and regulatory guidelines).
- You ensure that work is designed with available inventory and in conformance with contractual obligations.
- You ensure that the policies, procedures, programs, standards of performance and compliance are adhered to.
What do I need to qualify for the job?
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent education.
- Minimum five (5) years of formwork experience with International formwork systems,
- Knowledge in Doka Formwork Systems will be an advantage
- Outstanding skills in AutoCAD 2D, skills in AutoCAD 3D is an advantage
- Outstanding skills in Microsoft Office
- Well developed analytical skills and technical proficiency.
- Excellent proficiency in English
- Strong communication skills with concise and clarity to multiple stakeholder e.g. clients
You should apply for this job if you have
- Ability to manage multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines and budgets
- Well developed analytical skills and technical proficiency
- Ability to work in a team environment on standard and major projects.
- Willingness to travel and be mobile.
We offer flexible working hours arrangement, Medical, insurance coverage for employee and dependents, optical, dental, trainings and work with a diverse group of colleagues.