Engineer required to design and detail mainly scaffolding, formwork and falsework for Main Contractors design office using Cuplok & Kwikstage system scaffold and a variety of formwork & falsework systems
- Produce competent design drawings, calculations and design risk assessments to service the requirements of the project as explained in the design brief.
- Attend site visits when necessary to provide engineering assistance to project teams
- Ensure details of communications, sketches, drawings, approval, design changes, photographs will be kept within the job specific file in line with all design department procedures.
- Ensure that all drawings/sketches and calculations produced are checked in accordance with company procedures to ensure they are capable of meeting their intended requirement and all calculations are within allowed limits and to industry codes and regulations
- Ensure design outputs are in accordance with local safety regulations.
- Assist with promoting best practice in scaffold design across the business.
- Degree in civil or structural engineering
- 5 years minimum Experience working as a design engineer in scaffolding / formwork
- AutoCAD/2D design
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of STAAD
- Good communication skills
- Ideally have site experience