Doka Group is a world leader in developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork technology for use in all fields of the construction sector. With more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries, the Doka Group has a high-performing distribution network which ensures that equipment and technical support are provided swiftly and professionally. An enterprise forming part of the Umdasch Group, the Doka Group employs a worldwide workforce of more than 6,200.
Doka Malaysia is a 100% subsidiary of the Doka Group. To continue building our high level of service for our customers, the Doka Group not only invests in its employees’ professional and personal career development but also sets great store by foresighted personnel planning. If you are passionate about what you do, have an inner drive to succeed, a desire to learn and grow from your experiences, then this is your opportunity to step up to a challenge!
To continue building our high level of service for our customers, the Doka Group not only invests in its employees’ professional and personal career development but also sets great store by foresighted personnel planning. If you are passionate about what you do, have an inner drive to succeed, a desire to learn and grow from your experiences, then this is your opportunity to step up to a challenge!
We are looking to grow the Plywood (components) business in Malaysia. If you are looking to work for a dynamic multinational that is growing in Asia Pacific and offers you the unique opportunity to level up your career to build and expand the business, then this role is the opportunity for you.
In this newly created role Sales Manager Plywood, report into the Head of Sales, Doka Malaysia and you generate sales for our Plywood (Components) business in Malaysia and you will drive the Plywood business sales strategy individually and as a team.
What You'll Do
- You are responsible for the sales KPIs (Revenue, Gross margin and collection)
- You devise and implement sales strategies in practice, and the most profitable way to win and service business for the company
- You are responsible for identify & soliciting potential customers and projects in order to secure business while manage and maintain a pipeline capable of delivering the budget
- You develop both new and existing accounts and expand business through-face-to-face contact with the customers
- You prepare and present proposals while selling the features and benefit of our products to close sales
- You establish and maintain excellent client relationships while keeping up to date contact persons and customers via direct representation, telephone and other means of communication
- You ensure there is a full knowledge of all the Key Customers decision makers and key influencers
- You influence and share value preposition of the Doka products and services and how they compare with the competition so that product presentations can be delivered effectively and skillfully
- You keep up to date with market developments and competitors
Customer service and satisfaction
- You ensure client satisfaction in all stages of the project i.e. acting as a link between the client and the internal departments.
- You manage key accounts and projects brought in, until closing and return of products
- You build a strong and profitable relationship with personnel in customer organisation
- You take quality enquiries and you respond to enquiries for sales business received by whatever means and converting these enquires into orders
- You sell and service the solution/product
- You conduct regularly scheduled jobsite service visits instructing the workers in the proper and safe utilization of equipment thereby shortening their learning curve
- You communicate clearly and collaborate with engineering
- You are accountable to all credit interactions with the customer and ensuring payment is received in full
- In conjunction with management, producing plans, budgets, forecasts (effectively using the Victori II tool) subsequently delivery against these plans
- And any other tasks assigned
What do I need to qualify for the job?
- Degree in Business Administration or Production Management
- Minimum 2 years in Plywood sales experience in Malaysia or a proven excellent sales record in construction component sales/or project sales to contractors/subcontractors
- Excellent understanding of the requirements of plywood business
- Proficient computer skills using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and solid knowledge of Sales Tools (CRM, etc.)
- Strong sales fundamentals and skills: listening, probing, negotiation, close.
- Solution oriented with divergent thinker
- Ability to build strong and long lasting relationships particularly with clients
- Ability to communicate and engage with people at different levels in the organization
- Able to work independently and as a team player in a results-driven, fast-paced environment
- Excellent English language communication skills
- Must be able to speak and write in Mandarin
- Malaysian only
Good to Have (Skills and Background)
- Bachelor degree in Commercial (Business Administration/MBA/Economics or Marketing) OR Engineering (Civil/Mechanical)
- Experience in construction
- System formwork experience
We offer a fulltime position with flexible working hours from Monday to Friday, we have full medical and insurance coverage, with dental, optical, medical check up benefits.