With more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries, highly efficient in-house production and more than 7,000 employees, the Doka Group is one of the world’s leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing modern system formwork technology. Our strong and effective sales organisation gives construction firms all over the world swift access to pathbreaking formwork solutions and services for all areas of cast-in-place building construction.
Doka East Asia Pacifc (EAP) is a region of Doka Group whereas the Regional Management is based out of Singapore and comprises the following countries with own subsidiaries: Australia, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore. Moreover the Regional Management of Doka EAP supports projects across other Countries in Asia & Pacific.
To continue building our high level of service for our customers, the Doka Group not only invests in its employees’ professional and personal career development but also sets great store by foresighted personnel planning.
The Regional Business Development Manager is a newly created role to generate sales for our monolithic formwork business in Asia Pacific. The incumbent will target and acquire monolithic projects as well as mixed projects that require a combination of monolithic and system formwork. He will develop and grow this new business segment in selected countries and subsequently develop it across the Asia Pacific.
The key responsibilities are:
- To manage projects, determine project sales strategy (cost planning, pricing of tender, determine revenue and negotiate terms and conditions of contract) for monolithic formwork projects across Asia Pacific
- To conduct a strategic overview of the market including market need identification, product identification, product changes required, estimation of market potential, potential customers / projects, competitors
- To identify & solicit potential customers and projects to secure monolithic formwork business
- To build strong and profitable relationship with personnel in customer organization
- To ensure proper project handover to operations and engineering teams
- To be accountable to all credit interactions with customer and ensure payment is received in full
- To train sales on monolithic related product, sales process, and contracts in various Asia Pacific countries.
This is an individual contributor role and reports to the Head of Sales Asia Pacific.
Required (Educational and Technical)
- Any bachelor degree
- Proven track record and professional sales experience in monolithic formwork industry
- Excellent understanding of the requirements of monolithic formwork projects
- Proficient computer skills using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and solid knowledge of Sales Tools (CRM, etc.)
- Excellent english language communication skills
Required (Attributes and Motivation)
- Well-developed numerical ability and detail orientation
- Strong sales fundamentals and skills: listening, probing, negotiation, close.
- Ability to build strong and long lasting relationships particularly with clients
- Ability to communicate and engage with people at different levels in the organization
- Able to work independently and as a team player in a results-driven, fast-paced environment
- Willingness to be mobile and travel (~60%) in the region
- Solution oriented with divergent thinker
Good to Have (Skills and Background)
- Bachelor degree in Commercial (Business Administration/MBA/Economics or Marketing) OR Engineering (Civil/Mechanical)
- Practical on-site monolithic formwork experience
- System formwork experience
- International work experience
Location: Singapore OR Petaling Jaya (Malaysia) OR Manila (Philippines)