With more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries, highly efficient in-house production and more than 7,000 employees, the Doka Group is one of the world's leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing modern system formwork technology. Our strong and effective sales organisation gives construction firms all over the world swift access to pathbreaking formwork solutions and services for all areas of cast-in-place building construction.
To continue building our high level of service for our customers, the Doka Group not only invests in its employees' professional and personal career development but also sets great store by foresighted personnel planning. If you are passionate about what you do, have an inner drive to succeed, a desire to learn and grow from your experiences, then this is your opportunity to step up to a challenge!
Doka Singapore is a subsidiary of Doka Group with office in Jurong East.
Product Management in Doka Group: The role of product management focuses from market and customer needs, product strategies/roadmaps and an active management of existing products & services. In addition to managing products & services, PM builds new processes and tools to improve PM-related processes and contributes to training and G2M.
Are you keen to start your international career with Doka to become at first Product Manager South East Asia and ultimatley transition into an international Product Management Role in our Head office Austria?
As the Product Manager, you will report directly to the Managing Director and will analyze potential new business fields & opportunities for new Doka products & services to increase market penetration. Moreover you support and enable the sales team to succeed with existing products. You will drive product innovation and product improvements including pricing, product specification and definition of supply chain. You will identify product gaps based on customer & market needs and propose solutions to fill those gaps.
Your key responsibilities will be in the following key areas:
Market & Competition:
- You identify market potential (new fields of business, new services/products) and optimize existing products in terms of revenue or margin
- You proactively and systematically monitor and observe competition, market trends, customer needs and the change in construction methods; and to analyze the observations and make those key findings internally transparent
- You regularly visit jobsites to observe Product handling of Doka products and to get feedback on Product improvement changes
Product Portfolio management:
- You define the Country Product strategy/Product Portfolio together with local management and Regional PM
- You drive product innovation processes and product improvements in the country that also includes pricing, product specification and definition of supply chain
- You are acting as the link between Country/Region and Head Office
- You manage & participate in projects within the product innovation process, product introduction, product improvement and product-relaunch
Product Training & Support:
- You conduct country specific Product Trainings for other departments of the Country Organization (Sales, Engineering, Operations, etc.) with regards to Product features presentation, Added Value argumentation, competition comparison
- You accompany sales at customer visits to support with customer presentations, to offer advice on products and to enquire customer feedback on Products and services
Required (Education and Technical)
- Academic Degree, ideally in Business Management or Civil Engineering or similar
- Technically savvy with ERP Tools or related
- Proficient computer skills using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent English Skills
Required (Attributes and Motivation)
- Sales oriented character; Good understanding of customer's needs, knows how customer thinks and knows how to approach them
- Analytical thinker, decision-maker with focus on action and outcomes, who drives for results
- Proactive and confident attitude, engaged personality
- Communicating effectively (Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across) Ability to communicate and engage with people at different levels in the organization
- Very good in operating skills (Very skilled at getting critical things done and making things work; very resourceful and organized)
- Hands-on mentality and approach
- Willingness to travel and being mobile
Preferred (Skills & Background)
- Some years of relevant professional work experience in the field of Product Management, Sales, Business Development in the Construction Supply Industry
- Jobsite Experience
- MBA Degree, Civil Engineering Background
- International Work Experience
- Proven Experience in Product Life Cycle Management / Product Launches
Location of the Job: Jurong East/German Centre Singapore
We address young professionals who are interested to kick-off their international career with Doka Group in Singapore and are future candidates for international Product Management roles.