Doka is a world leader in providing innovative formwork, solutions and services in all areas of construction. The company is also a global supplier of well-thought-out scaffolding solutions for a varied spectrum of applications. With more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries, Doka has a high-performing distribution network for advice, customer service and technical support on the spot and ensures that equipment is provided swiftly – no matter how big and complex the project. Doka employs 7,400 people worldwide and is a company of the Umdasch Group, which has stood for reliability, experience and trustworthiness for more than 150 years.
Doka East Asia Pacific covers one of the largest territorial regions of Doka’s global operations, with branches located in India, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia and the Philippines. Managed and operated from its regional headquarters in Singapore, Doka EAP has played an integral role in some of the region’s most exciting projects including the Sydney Metro project and The Exchange 106 in Kuala Lumpur. By positioning the company as a strategic partner, Doka EAP continues to support its clients from design to completion through a combination of innovative products and systems, as well as the expertise and experience of its team members.
Purpose of the Post
- The Procurement Manager will be the speak partner for her/his responsible countries. He/She represents the procurement function, working with the Head of Area to make sure that global, regional and country objectives are met.
- Understand procurement and material group strategy to ensure alignment to the business objectives.
- Lead strategical procurement process and support the development of tools to optimise the purchasing supply chain.
- Building relationships with countries, as per area of responsibility, and their teams.
- Acts as valued strategic business partners to key business stakeholders by identifying their critical requirements and providing commercial services to meet and exceed their expectations.
- Delivering maximum value from all third party spend within their portfolio, realising benefits through development and implementation of material group strategies for all areas of spend including tools and processes.
- Be a Business Partner for Sales, Production, Quality, Operations and Technical departments
- Implementing Procurement Sourcing strategies (demand-, supplier-, process-, portfolio management…) according to the strategic sourcing and material group management process including:
- Identify the internal customer (requestor) needs with the buy in of sites / regions
- Investigate with the internal customer to lower the total cost of ownership of strategic commodities
- Build and benchmark Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models
- Develop and execute Area Procurement strategies
- Arrange for testing/piloting of new technologies and alternative supplier
- Persuade people to change and / or adhere to a certain strategic direction
- Act as key point of contact on all matters related to the allocated countries
- Take responsibility in the point of realizing projects, savings,
- Be fast in responding to country needs
- Key point of contact for all internal customers
- Manage existing supply base
- Manage spend data in the systems and – in future - SAP and ensure accuracy
- Manage contracts
- Monitor performance of suppliers, develop suppliers and resolve issues
- Exploit the supplier contribution for innovation
- Lead Negotiations
- Collect of all necessary information to prepare negotiations
- Develop the request and define negotiation strategy
- Formalize contracts
- Communicate the contract by involving the countries and regions
- Communicate procurement topics to relevant internal partners:
- Country MD’s
- Technicians, Quality, Operations
- Develop, run and record savings, projects and communicate
- Process optimization / implement procurement processes
- Best practice sharing
- Knowledge sharing
- Insure early involvement in country projects
- Increase of stakeholder satisfaction
Required (Experience and Training)
- Min 5 yrs previous experience in a similar role;
- Completed economic studies (BA or BS preferred or appropriate experience)
- Verifiable successes with international projects, SAP,…
- Establishes and implements effective procurement management leadership, systems, methods and procedures
- Participates in procurement management strategy development and implementation.
- Provides guidance on procurement management matters to the country team.
Required (Skills and Motivation)
- Dynamic and agile person to work in a future orientated environment
- Excellent language skills (spoken and written) in min one language (English)
- Convey the big picture (to possess the skills to understand and visualize the entire picture of a project and convey this effectively to the whole project team)
- Communication (responsible for communicating with a very wide variety of individuals at all levels. Clear, specific and detailed communication. Lead by sharing and managing project objectives, timelines, and expectations to the larger group while also maintaining input and feedback from the team)
- Leadership (Reliable, honest, loyal and ethical; lead by example and gain the trust and commitment of his or her own team)
- Personal organization
- Risk Management
- Project and process knowhow
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Ability to be proactive
- Ability to work under pressure to agreed deadlines and adapt to change.
If this is you, wait no more! Apply now or contact Carolyn Khaw at email@example.com / +60 12607 6378 for more information.
Let’s form the future together. Be part of it!