With more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries, highly efficient in-house production and more than 6,000 employees, the Doka Group is one of the world’s leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing modern system formwork technology. Our strong and effective sales organisation gives construction firms all over the world swift access to pathbreaking formwork solutions and services for all areas of cast-in-place building construction.
To continue building our high level of service for our customers, the Doka Group not only invests in its employees’ professional and personal career development but also sets great store by foresighted personnel planning.
As Manager - Operations Doka India you are managing the company operations as well as coordinating and supervising country logistics. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Finance & Controlling. In your role as Manager Operations, you will ensure a smooth operation and continuous productivity improvement within your area of responsibility. Your self-reflective personality & intercultural awareness will contribute to effective development of your employees in all areas.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To prepare all contractual documents (letters, endorsements etc.) for select major projects
- To provide commercial and pragmatic approach to interlocutors (General Management, Project Management, Finance, and Legal) to draft contracts that best defend the interests of Doka.
- To review and give feedback on the Contract / Purchase Order terms and condition received from customer, so that it reflects the best interest of Doka.
- Review and give feedback on Rental and Buyback agreement to Sales Team so that it is in line with DOKA terms and conditions.
- To ensure that contractual requirements (such as supply limit, time extensions, work variation order) are being complied by Customer as per Contractual agreement.
- To anticipate events and conduct analysis of contractual risk.
- To train sales and operations on the contractual agreement especially for complex and large projects.
- To ensure that obligations towards the customers / partners are respected and complied.
- To organize documentation of each infrastructure project to ensure traceability of all correspondences.
- Coordinate with Cross Functional Team to fulfill the requirement as per contractual agreement.
- To ensure a timely supply of material to customers as per the requirements and contractual obligations.
- To be responsible for smooth order delivery to the customer by leading the commercial team and ensuring all contractual obligations relating to material supply are adhered.
- Ensure Material Planning File, Contractual documents are prepared and saved for each Project.
- Comply with requirement of DOKA standard Processes of CMO.
- Timely and accurate billing of all Rental and Sales business are happening as per contractual terms and condition.
- Ensure advance communication to Yard Team for material preparation is done on time.
- Monitor the actual projected revenue per month based on order in hand and material availability.
- Ensure that necessary approval are taken for Credit Note, Free of Cost material supply.
Customer Complaint & Claim Management
- To handle any claims, of an adverse nature or otherwise, that might arise from the customer.
- Assess and determine the validity of Customer Claims for processing internally or denial communication to Customer.
- Record and address Customer Complaint / Claim with corrective action to resolve the same.
- Timely feedback to customer and internal stakeholder on each complaint / Claim.
- Coordinate with responsible Internal Stake holders to resolve customer complaints or Customer Claims.
- Conduct the Root Cause Analysis of each Complaint / Claim for Necessary Permanent Corrective Action.
- Ensure availability of materials on time & in full as per the customer orders.
- Conduct S&OP meetings with Sales to understand the future requirements and forecast from the sales team.
- Support Demand Planner for Material Planning as per Project Forecast.
- Coordinate with Regional Planner, DC's and Other Country to expedite the shipment or Logistical issues
- Monitor and optimize stock levels for all Doka items to ensure availability at lowest possible costs and inventory level as per Budget.
- Ensure Orders are released and approved on timely manner as per authority levels.
- Release Non Moving material within Region after analysis and discussion with internal stakeholder.
- Coordinate with Engineering for alternate material in case of Shortage / Long Lead Time / Material available in Stock.
- Development of supply management plans that effectively address all aspects of supply management (including staffing, systems, sourcing strategy, and cost savings strategies).
- Development of applicable inquiry and award documents for projects, based on the scope of work and requirements.
- Process optimization.
- Fulfillment of supply requirements during project performance.
- Assure adequate protection of the company against potential supplier claims.
- Problem identification, status reporting and corrective action.
- Be responsible for quality assurance processes of incoming goods into the yard and supervise staff members responsible for material inspection from a functional perspective.
- You are responsible for all checking and follow-up on the materials production timelines.
- You ensure the local parts adhere to the global Doka quality & commercial guidelines including QHSE procedures.
- You are responsible for the workflow management on daily basis while meeting tight deadlines.
- You manage customer complaints on the quality of materials and communicate it back to the supplier for improvement.
- Audit of existing suppliers and make decisions about their quality capability.
- You provide recommendation of the quality and pricing of suppliers.
- To ensure that yard operations KPIs and processes are being executed as per Doka standards.
- To coach, mentor, develop, and manage India operations team
- To plan and optimize cost related to staff, material, and service
The role will have the following team Members reporting into it
- Commercial Team: The complete commercial team will be the responsibility of this role with the team directly reporting into the role.
- Demand Planner
- Procurement & Quality Assurance
- Yard team: The entire yard team will report to Yard-Incarge who inturn reports into this role.
The role reports to Head of Finance & Controlling, Doka India.
- Proven management experience in Supply Chain, Logistics and Yard Operations, preferably within MNC
- Construction Industry background would be major benefit
- Degree in Logistics, Operations Management, MBA preferred
- Outstanding leadership skills, intercultural awareness, self-reflective personality; Proven track record in leading and developing teams
- Strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and effective problem solving skills
- Hands-on mentality and engaging personality