Doka Group, a subsidiary of the Umdasch Group is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of formwork products and systems with more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries. From its headquarters in Austria, Doka’s heritage of innovation has positioned itself as a front runner in creating disruptive technologies for the construction market, with an emphasis firmly placed on supporting the needs of its clients.
Located to the south of the United Arab Emirates, Oman is home to some of the most spectacular scenery in the Gulf region. Acknowledged as one of the safest and most friendly countries within the Middle East, Oman offers a wide range of social and cultural activities, while remaining an attractive destination for long-term expat career opportunities.
Oman’s construction market has seen a steady rise in growth thanks to the government’s efforts to diversify the country’s economy away from oil and gas and towards areas such as tourism. It is estimated the country’s construction pipeline currently represents around 9% of the total GCC construction market.
Doka Muscat is currently looking to recruit a career driven professional to join its versatile team and support the company’s ongoing national expansion. The suitable candidate will be a qualified, natural team player who can add significant value to this highly dynamic team.
As a Managing Director Doka Oman, you are fully accountable for further growth and strategic development of the country organization with full P&L responsibility. You develop and coach your direct reports (Head of Departments such as Sales, Operations, Engineering & Support) ensuring that they are given the resources and opportunities they need to succeed and grow with Doka Oman. In your role you will assess additional revenue opportunities and drive customer engagement that strengthens the company's position in the market while being committed to develop a high-performing team and organization.
Specific responsibilities include:
- You manage and coordinate all activities between the departments and optimize, develop and implement organizational processes and structures from an operative as well as strategic point of view.
- You ensure significant growth and profitability of the whole business operation of Doka Oman.
- You are responsible for the balance sheet, budget and KPI’s in the country and report directly to the Regional Director of Middle East & Africa.
- You initiate the compilation and realization of the sales strategy incl. KAM, pricing, management of claims, inventory management and health/safety regulations.
- You coordinate the planning and optimization of personnel and material costs and develop strategies for optimization.
- You initiate, coordinate, implement and accompany change processes.
- You are acting as a role model and you are the highest promoter of Doka strategy, principles of management and code of conduct and are responsible for compliance of internal and external rules and regulations.
- You collaborate closely with the regional management team and other stakeholders within the Group.
- Solid Senior Management experience in sales as well as project and process management, ideally in the formwork and/or construction industry in the MEA region
- Proven experience, network and understanding of the construction industry, ideally in the MEA region
- Strong Commercial/Sales background and affinity
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills in English
- Analytical thinker, decision-maker with focus on action and outcomes, who drives for results and has a hands-on mentality
- Proven leadership skills; gets the most and best out of people; sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback; keeps people informed and provides coaching for today and for the future
- Ability to successfully manage, lead and inspire a multicultural team
- Technical/Commercial qualification
- Solution-oriented personality who thrives in a fast-paced environment