Doka Group is a world leader in developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork technology for use in all fields of the construction sector. With more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries, the Doka Group has a high-performing distribution network which ensures that equipment and technical support are provided swiftly and professionally. An enterprise forming part of the Umdasch Group, the Doka Group employs a worldwide workforce of more than 6,200.
Doka Malaysia is a 100% subsidiary of the Doka Group. To continue building our high level of service for our customers, the Doka Group not only invests in its employees’ professional and personal career development but also sets great store by foresighted personnel planning. If you are passionate about what you do, have an inner drive to succeed, a desire to learn and grow from your experiences, then this is your opportunity to step up to a challenge!
To continue building our high level of service for our customers, the Doka Group not only invests in its employees’ professional and personal career development but also sets great store by foresighted personnel planning. If you are passionate about what you do, have an inner drive to succeed, a desire to learn and grow from your experiences, then this is your opportunity to step up to a challenge!
DO YOU HAVE A DEGREE IN CIVIL ENGINEERING? AND HAS EXPERIENCE WITH FORMWORK? APPLY NOW!
You will be reporting to the Team Leader, this position requires someone who understands the Formwork and Scaffolding, and can manage formwork design planning independently and support in the sales proposal and pitching.
- As Project Engineer, you will have regular contact with customers and the sales organization as a problem solver and discussion partner.
- You work with sales to produce AutoCAD drawings using Doka formwork systems during the proposal stage of construction projects and finalize the drawings to be used for actual jobsites.
- You ensure that the drawings indicate the proper use of Doka forming equipment and that the drawings represent safe, economical and efficient designs.
- You prepare specifications and calculations for static quotes and deliveries.
- You provide material lists for quotations to Sales and Operations team, for shipments to the site
- You participate in staff training programs ensuring continuous training is provided in calculations, formwork, product knowledge, computer systems/software applications, etc.
- You support the Sales Team and Branch Manager by determining appropriate formwork solutions that meet the customers’ needs (economically, and in compliance with safety and regulatory guidelines).
- You ensure that work is designed with available inventory and in conformance with contractual obligations.
- You ensure that the policies, procedures, programs, standards of performance and compliance are adhered to.
- Other duties and projects assigned to you
What do I need to qualify for the job?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (structural, civil or construction) required. Master’s Degree a plus.
- Possesses the knowledge in formwork technology and construction site experience would be a major benefit
- Good skills in AutoCAD 2D/ Revit/Tekla skills in AutoCAD 3D is an advantage
- Outstanding skills in Microsoft Office
- Well developed analytical skills and technical proficiency.
- Excellent communication skills including excellent command of English (speaking, reading, writing), proficiency in mandarin will be an added advantage
- Strong communication skills with concise and clarity to multiple stakeholder e.g. clients
You should apply for this job if you have
- You have legal rights to work in Malaysia
- Ability to work independently and also as a team player in a results-driven, fast-paced environment
- Able to set priorities to meet the business needs and schedule multiple projects concurrently and supporting the branches.
- Hands-on mentality and engaged personality, confident attitude
- Ability to work in a MNC environment and working with external stakeholders
- Resilient, attention to details, strong problem solving & analytical skills and strong drive to succeed
- Organized team player with strong leadership skills and excellent time management skills.
- Works and motivates staff to work productively in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment
We offer flexible working hours arrangement, Medical, insurance coverage for employee and dependents, optical, dental, trainings and work with a diverse group of colleagues.
Please send in your cv detailing your roles and responsibilities, past internships, latest education transcript.