With more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries, highly efficient in-house production and more than 7,000 employees, the Doka Group is one of the world’s leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing modern system formwork technology. Our strong and effective sales organisation gives construction firms all over the world swift access to pathbreaking formwork solutions and services for all areas of cast-in-place building construction.
Doka Singapore is a 100% subsidiary of the Doka Group and oversees Singapore & Emerging Markets in South East Asia (Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, Camobdia, etc.). To continue building our high level of service for our customers, the Doka Group not only invests in its employees’ professional and personal career development but also sets great store by foresighted personnel planning. If you are passionate about what you do, have an inner drive to succeed, a desire to learn and grow from your experiences, then this is your opportunity to step up to a challenge!
Doka Singapore & Emerging Markets offers an exciting opportunity as Head of Sales who will be responsible for the development and implementation of sales strategies in order to exploit the market potentials. The Head of Sales will be accountable for expanding Doka’s presence in the Emerging market and will be responsible for managing sales, sales targets, profitability management and strategy implementation, in addition to leadership responsibility for the Sales Team across Singapore & EM. The Head of Sales is part of the Country Leadership Team and reports to the Managing Director.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To lead and manage Sales personnel and accompany them to reach their individual sales targets
- To communicate effectively and collaborate with engineering, finance and operations and ensure smooth and close collaboration between the departments
- To optimize offer processes (scope of supply incl. services, project calculation, contract management) and order processes (change orders, claims, service charges) via appropriate monitoring
- To visualize the added value of management tools and ensure effective utilization
- To drive sales & margin goals for assigned territory, monthly forecasts including revenue by product & customer and ensure an aggressive growth rate
- To collaborate with management to produce plans, budgets, forecasts and subsequently delivery against these plans
- To work with Operations and Engineering teams to ensure proper handover of sales order and that materials for the solution are in stock
- To ensure efficient and compliant projects and contract management
Required (Education and Technical)
- 10+ years’ international Sales/Engineering experience in System Formwork Industry
- Academic Degree in Business Management or Civil Engineering or similar
- Large Scale Projects Management experience
- Strong sales management skills especially in negotiation and closing
- Good financial understanding/business acumen (Margin Drivers, Discount Policy, Pricing Strategies, …)
- Project & Key Account Management as well as job site experience
Required (Attributes and Motivation)
- Proven Leadership Experience: Steering with KPI’s, Enabling & Empowering functional reports, Inspiring others, Management by Objectives
- Proactive and effective interpersonal relationship & communication and feedback skills
- Hands-on mentality and approach
- Willingness to travel and being mobile
- Be an entrepreneurial thinker and not be afraid to dream, take ownership and calculated risks
- Providing conceptual and analytical thinking, commercial awareness, customer orientation, creativity and assertiveness
Preferred (Skills & Background)
- MBA degree
- Experience with Emerging Market Countries (in South East Asia) and ideally Singapore
- International track record in the construction industry
- Experience with entering a complete new market segment
The location of the job shall be ideally in Singapore, however can be based also within South East Asia.
If you have any questions to the job or the Company, please don't hesitate to contact Joylyn delos Reyes, Senior Recruiter APAC.