Doka is a world leader in developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork technology for use in all fields of the construction sector. With more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries, Doka has a high-performing distribution network which ensures that equipment and technical support are provided swiftly and professionally. An enterprise forming part of the Umdasch Group, Doka employs a worldwide workforce of more than 7,000.
The Head of Finance and Controlling reports directly to the Managing Director and is responsible for all aspects of finance including business planning and reporting as well as for all aspects of financial accounting for the country. As Head of Finance & Controlling, you will be part of the Country Management Team, working closely with Sales, Engineering and Operations Department in supporting company's financial operations through strategic business partnership
You oversee and control the financial bookkeeping and set financial reporting, customer credit management and create financial statements for annual reports
You coordinate financial planning, rolling forecasts and further develop the organizations financial strategy
You collaborate with the Regional Head of Finance & Controlling for monthly, quarterly and annual reports
You proactively ascertain deviations to the forecast and suggest counter measures.
You liaise with lawyers, auditors, tax authority and banks to ensure that policies, procedures, standards of performance and compliance are adhered
You coordinate continuous improvement and further develop internal standards within the area of responsibility
You provide leadership and guidance as well as training and development for the finance &
controlling teams in the country.
Strengthen cross-functional collaboration between departments and with the Regional team to ensure achievement of strategic targets
Ensure compliance with Doka standards and processes.
Plan and optimize staff and other fixed costs to achieve overall optimization of strategy.
Recruit, manage and develop a high-performing finance and controlling professionals within the country.
University Degree in Finance & Accounting
At least 5 years relevant experience in Controlling, financial analysis and business planning within the country preferably in international environment
Extensive knowledge of tax laws, audit standards and financial counting processes of the country.
ERP knowledge, especially in SAP FI and CO modules is advantageous
Previous experience within the construction industry would be an added advantage.
Hands-on Professional accounting experience
- At least 3 years of leadership experience.
- Self-motivated, assertive, team leader with a strong work ethic and ability to work independently in a results-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency using Microsoft Office applications.
- Willingness and ability to learn new computer systems, processes, concepts and techniques.
- Ability to work unsupervised and drive initiatives and concepts
- Ability to prioritize tasks and find solutions
- Maturity to manage confidential information with highest level of integrity.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, follow-up and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication skills. A person in this role has to be of a native French speaking level and at least of B1 level in English.
- Comfortable in working in a matrix environment.