With more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries, highly efficient in-house production and more than 7,000 employees, the Doka Group is one of the world’s leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing modern system formwork technology. Our strong and effective sales organisation gives construction firms all over the world swift access to pathbreaking formwork solutions and services for all areas of cast-in-place building construction.
Doka Denmark is a subsidiary of Doka Group with head office close to Copenhagen and almost 50 employees.
Are you interested to take that next step to level up your career and become Head of Engineering at Doka Denmark?
The Head of Engineering oversees the management and further development of the engineering department and formwork instructor at Doka Denmark. He/She ensures that the drawings and designs are accurate and adhere to the safety standards as per Doka regulations. The role is part of the country leadership team and reports to the Managing Director.
Key Responsibilites include:
To support & promote the realization of the company strategy
To conduct technical and commercial supervision of projects with a focus on cross-functional collaboration (sales, operations, support) to advance business performance, productivity, and customer satisfaction - to ensure the engineering team develops safe and economical technical solutions
To provide leadership for the engineering department and coach, mentor and develop direct reports. To lead by example to foster motivation, inspire others and develop a team spirit and creation of a positive and high performance attitude
To liaise and coordinate with clients and contractors on technical and commercial issues
To work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the engineering strategy - to constantly collaborate with Area & Corporate Engineering
To advise Formwork Instructors & Formwork Engineers in regards to technical problems and issues that arise on site
To conduct advanced statics calculations ideally
To lead, manage and drive overall product development and strategy together with group leaders in cooperation with local and Doka Group Product Management and Sales
To live corporate engineering policies and ensure that Doka policies, procedures, and compliance are adhered to by the engineering team
Education & Technical
- Engineering Diploma/Degree (Construction, Structural, Civil or Building)
- Experience in construction industry specifically in building construction, job site experience and/or project management
- Proven commercial understanding & "sales affinitiy"
- Design Skills in AutoCAD 2D/3D, Revit, Tekla would be an advantage
- Certain experience with BIM Technology & digitalization at construction
Attributes & Motivation
- Ability to prioritise, organise, and work well within deadlines
- Proven leadership skills with an open communication style
- Ability to solve problems using technical proficiency, strategic thinking and strong analytical skills
- Good understanding of customers’ needs and high customer orientation
- Excellent communication skills in English & Danish
For any questions, please contact Soeren Clemmensen