Doka is a world leader in providing innovative formwork solutions and services in all areas of construction. The company is also a global supplier of well-thought-out scaffolding solutions for a varied spectrum of applications. With more than 160 sales points and logistical facilities in over 70 countries, Doka has a high-performing distribution network for advice, customer service and technical support while ensuring equipment is provided swiftly – no matter how big the project. Based from its headquarters in Amstetten, Austria, Doka employs 7,400 people worldwide and is a company of the Umdasch Group, which has stood for reliability, experience and trustworthiness for more than 150 years.
Doka East Asia Pacific (EAP) covers one of the largest territorial regions of Doka’s global operations, with branches located in India, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia and the Philippines. Managed and operated from its regional headquarters in Singapore, Doka EAP has played an integral role in some of the region’s most exciting projects including the Sydney Metro and The Exchange 106 in Kuala Lumpur. By positioning the company as a strategic partner, Doka EAP continues to support its clients from design to completion through a combination of innovative products and systems, as well as the expertise and experience of its team members.
To continue building our high level of service for our customers, the Doka Group not only invests in its employees’ professional and personal career development but also sets great store by foresighted personnel planning. If you are passionate about what you do, have an inner drive to succeed, a desire to learn and grow from your experiences, then this is your opportunity to step up to a challenge!
We are looking for a Scaffolding Business Development Manager who is passionate about sales and experienced in the industrial scaffolding sector. If you are looking to work for a dynamic multinational that is growing its presence in South East Asia and offers you the unique opportunity to grow and develop, then this role is an exciting opportunity for you!
Our industrial scaffolding segment is continuously growing in Asia Pacific. As our Scaffolding Business Development Manager, you will develop and grow this business segment initially in Malaysia & Singapore, and subsequently develop it across the region. The role will work closely with sales and product development teams in the country, region, and headquarters.
You will play an important role in communications with stakeholders, not limited to the followings:
- You will identify potential customers and projects and secure industrial scaffolding business
- You will manage projects and determine project sales strategy
- You will conduct a strategic overview of the industrial scaffolding market
- You will identify scaffolding standards for the region and countries
- You will build and train scaffolding teams in various countries in the region
- You will collaborate with all stakeholders to ensure successful execution of each project
What you must have:
- At least 10 years of sales experience in scaffolding, preferably in the industrial sector in Southeast Asia market
- Good understanding of the technical and commercial requirements of industrial scaffolding customers
- Practical on-site scaffolding experience, ideally with ring-lock systems
- The ability to embrace and understand challenging problems and find solutions
- Well-developed numerical ability and attention to detail
- Strong sales fundamentals and skills: listening, probing, negotiation, closing
- The ability to build strong and long lasting relationships particularly with clients
- The ability to communicate and engage with people at different levels in the organization
- The confident, self-driven with a hands-on attitude
- Clear communication and negotiation skills in English
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Proficient computer skills using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
We offer a fulltime position, working from Monday to Friday.