Doka Group, a subsidiary of the Umdasch Group is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of formwork products and systems with more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries. From its headquarters in Austria, Doka’s heritage of innovation has positioned itself as a front runner in creating disruptive technologies for the construction market, with an emphasis firmly placed on supporting the needs of its clients.
Doka’s Middle East & Africa office covers the following subsidiaries: United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Jordan, Turkey and Egypt. Doka’s Middle East & Africa office also supports projects across the African continent and Central Asia.
As a customer-focused organisation, Doka understands that its greatest assets are its employees which is why it is consistently looking for talented professionals who are keen to develop their career in this challenging and fast-paced industry.
Doka’s Middle East & Africa’s regional team is currently looking to recruit a career driven professional to join its versatile team to support the company’s ongoing expansion. Based in Dubai, the suitable candidate will be a natural team player who can add significant value to this highly dynamic team.
- Analyse structural drawings given by clients
- Implement scaffolding and/or formwork solution as per project requirements
- Propose the most economical and best technical solution
- Conduct basic static calculations
- Produce material lists, offer drawings and shop drawings
- Assist the Sales Engineer with site visits
- Provide estimation for project work load and timely delivery of shop drawings as per instructions
- Coordination with clients for technical issues
- Coordination with other involved departments (Operations, Site Formwork Instructors, Project Coordinators)
- Consideration of availability of material in the design stage
- Communication with Sales Department in absence of the Scaffolding Manager
- 3D CAD and PonCad Scaffolding design knowledge (Tekla experience is a plus)
- At least 3 years of scaffolding experience in construction & industrial application with ringlock system
- Formwork knowledge is a plus
- Technical/Civil Engineering Qualification
- Solid communication skills in English
- Team player
- Attention to detail and a passion for constant learning and improvement
- Good communication skills (within company and with clients)
- Technical/static understanding
- A feel for economic matters
- Ability to work under minimal supervision