Doka Group, a subsidiary of the Umdasch Group is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of formwork products and systems with more than 160 sales and logistics facilities in over 70 countries. From its headquarters in Austria, Doka’s heritage of innovation has positioned itself as a front runner in creating disruptive technologies for the construction market, with an emphasis firmly placed on supporting the needs of its clients.
Covering some of the fastest developing economies in the global construction market, Doka’s Middle East & Africa office oversees operations from Cape Town to Istanbul. Based from its regional headquarters in Dubai, which includes both offices and a distribution centre, Doka’s MEA operation has been structured to provide maximum agility for its subsidiaries, allowing it to react quickly to market changes and to extend the highest levels of support for its clients.
Doka’s MEA office covers the following subsidiaries: United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Lebanon, Jordan, Turkey, Egypt, Nigeria, South Africa and Mozambique.
Doka’s MEA Office also supports projects across the African continent and Central Asia.
Doka MEA is currently looking to recruit a career driven professional to join its versatile team and support the company’s ongoing national expansion. The suitable candidate will be a qualified, natural team player who can add significant value to this highly dynamic team.
- Analyse structural drawings given by clients
- Implement formwork solution as per the instructions of the Sales Engineer, Team Leader or Senior Planning Engineer
- Special formwork design in 3D AutoCAD
- Create 3D formwork renderings/animations for customer presentations
- Propose the most economical and best technical solution
- Conduct basic static calculations
- Produce material list, offer drawings and shop drawings
- Assist Sales Engineers with site visits
- Coordinate the timely delivery of shop drawings as per instructions
- Coordinate with clients for technical issues
- Coordination with other involved departments
- Consideration of availability of material in the design stage
Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Technical/Civil Engineering Qualification
- 3D CAD and formwork knowledge
- Tekla, Sketch up, 3ds max, Inventor, PonCad software and/or Autolisp programming knowledge is a plus
- Solid communication skills in English
Skills / Characteristics
- Team player with attention to detail and a feel for economical matters
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Eager to learn and improve knowledge and 3D skills