It's more than job. It's a passion.
Doka is one of the world's leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork solutions for use in all fields of the construction sector. The Doka Group is a company of the Umdasch Group and employs more than 6,000 people in over 70 countries.
Summary Of Position
The Yard Supervisor reports to the Operations Manager and assists the Branch Manager. He/she is responsible for the overall management of the yard ensuring an extremely efficient, safe organized yard operation.
- Maintains an organized and logical yard operation.
- Plan daily/weekly manpower needs based upon business demands and closely monitors overtime hours and dollars.
- Assigns tasks ensuring efficient allocation of labor maximizing productivity.
- Oversees facility equipment: ensures equipment is safe, operational and regularly serviced.
- Motivates trains and develops a productive cohesive team.
- Continually trains employees in the ergonomic and safe use and maintenance of tools and equipment. Empower employees to take ownership in the use, maintenance and safety of all tools and equipment.
- Ensure employees are provided with and consistently use approved safety equipment.
- Maintains the upkeep and maintenance of capital investments (i.e. building property, equipment, etc.)
- Conducts weekly safety meetings and consistently executes all safety policies. Directs supervisors and foremen ensuring safe working practices are strictly adhered to while maintaining a safe working environment.
- Conducts monthly safety/yard inspections, documents findings/observations and distributes to the appropriate management personnel.
- Oversees inventory quality and insures accurate quality control. Conducts monthly quality control inspections, documents findings/observations and sends reports to Austria.
- Ensures that the proper tools are available at each workspace. Orders tools/replacement parts in a timely manner and in accordance with the Doka Signatory Policy.
- Ensures that underlay timbers are available in appropriate sizes.
- Ensures yard staff is continually trained in product knowledge and organizing the yard operation to function in an organized, productive way.
- Manages the logistics of all material (location, flow of goods) to ensure proper storage avoiding congestion.
- Ensure proper disposal of all damaged/scrap material in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all containers and shelves are accurately marked to ensure proper product information.
- Manage yard and warehouse ensuring compliance with company cleanliness and housekeeping standards.
- If applicable, ensure a properly trained welder is available at the branch; provide appropriate training and/or opportunity to obtain proper certification.
- Accurately processes the timely flow of paper orders.
- Safely performs pushing and pulling tasks of up to 100 pounds and lifting of 50 pounds without assistance. Lifting of items over 50 pounds will be done by at least two individuals or with the proper use of the appropriate lifting equipment provided (i.e. forklifts, cranes, hoists, etc.)
Other Responsibilities/Peripheral Functions
- Occasional travel as required. Flexible to work as needed.
- Other duties/projects as assigned; including participating in company committees/teams.
- Complies with all corporate policies and business practices.
- Continually enhances technical skills with additional PC Training and DISCOS II training.
- High school graduate. Associates Degree in related field preferred.
- Five (5) years recent supervisory experience in yard, inventory or warehouse management.
- Facilitates projects and effectively manages multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication skills including an excellent command of English (speaking, reading, writing). Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Possesses strong leadership skills, effectively manages a diverse team and achieves results.
Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and effective problem solving skills.
Proficient using Microsoft Office applications.
Willing and able to learn new computer systems, products, concepts and techniques.
- Organized team leader able to work independently in a results-driven, fast-paced environment.
This position requires the ability to support the operations functions and serve as a liaison between the yard and the Branch office, providing yard management related support on short notice with minimal information.
Extensive daily interaction with yard staff, truck drivers, colleagues, management and customers. Communicates effectively with all levels of management both internally and externally.
This position requires the ability to think strategically and analytically. Able to envision the broader picture and understand the impact of his/her accountabilities as they relate to the entire company. Position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to be organized and manage time to meet deadlines.
Working conditions vary from that of outside conditions (extreme outdoor temperatures/inclement weather conditions), dust, high noise level in certain areas, to an office environment: dry, cool, well lighted.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.