Doka is one of the world's leading companies in the development, manufacture and distribution of formwork technology for all areas of construction. With more than 160 sales and logistics locations in over 60 countries the Doka Group has a highly efficient distribution network, guaranteeing the rapid and professional supply of materials and technical support. The Doka Group is a company of the Umdasch Group and employs over 6.800 people worldwide.
With Doka's formwork expertise, impressive constructions are being built all over the world. This is the joint achievement of our more than 6.800 employees in over 60 countries around the globe - and we are proud of it.
Doka Hellas is a subsidiary of Doka Group and the leading system formwork supplier in Greece with main office in Pallini/Athens.
Are you ready to make an outstanding positive impact to an organization? Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary to ensure the country's success?
Doka Hellas has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sales Engineer who will drive sales and sales targets in Greece. You will be reporting to the Managing Director responsible to expand Doka's presence in Greece and increase sales that strengthens Doka's position in the market.
Specific responsibilities include:
- You develop both new and existing accounts and expand business through face-to-face contact with the customers
- You communicate clearly and collaborate with engineering, as required, to ensure accurate proposals
- You are proactive involved form tendering through project acquisition and entire project handling
- You partner with operations & engineering for jobs under contract and obtain approved drawings
- You are accountable for all credit interactions with the customer including obtaining contractor approval of invoices, making adjustments through credit requests and insuring prompt payment, as well as preparing and distributing monthly account status reports
Required (Education and Technical)
- Educational background in engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Structural or Construction)
- Sales experience within the construction and building materials industry
- Local greek construction knowledge and experience
Required (Attributes and Motivation)
- Well-developed analytical skills and strong numerical aptitude
- Good listening and probing skills to diagnose client requirements
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Positive attitude and the ability to quickly bounce back from disappointments (resilience)
- Engaging and confident personality
- Excellent communication skills in English and native/fluent Greek language
- Willingness to travel and be mobile
Preferred (Skills and Background)
- Design engineering experience in system formwork
- Understanding of the rental business in formwork industry
- International experience in the construction industry
- Experience in selling a premium product
For any questions, please contact Vasilis Maniatakos, Managing Director Doka Hellas.