It's more than a job. It's a passion.
Doka is one of the world's leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork solutions for use in all fields of the construction sector. The Doka Group is a company of the Umdasch Group and employs more than 6,000 people in over 70 countries.
Summary Of Position:
Responsible for leading, coaching and developing the activities of the Region in accordance with the policies, goals, and objectives established by Doka USA executive management teams. This responsibility includes proactively supporting to develop the entire Doka business(s) within the Region and/or respective individual branches and branch managers. In alignment with the Doka USA strategy, this person participates in the formulation and implementation of the regional objectives to ensure optimization of the customer process including establishment and implementation of specific action plans to achieve these objectives.
This person reports directly to the COO of Doka USA.
- Lead, coach, guide and develop the Doka branch managers and functional branch leader within the Region.
- Together with the Branch and Country sales teams, expand the business through expanded development of existing customers, new customers and exploring new business opportunities.
- Full profit and loss responsibility for the Region and branch business units within the Region.
- Initiate and Doka US strategy measures in close alignment with the respective COO.
- To act as a role model and to be the promoter of Doka Culture, principles of management, code of conduct and building team spirit.
- To develop talents and ensure sufficient competencies for key functions at all times.
- Ensuring appropriate management of company assets and facilities.
- Forecasting and budgeting for future business trends, Regional volume and profit.
- Conducting and completing direct report reviews; supporting branch managers in dealing with personnel matters related to sourcing, selection, retention and overall talent development
- Maintaining an awareness of, and exercising judgment in, such areas as market conditions, competitive activities and general economic conditions and in accordance with governmental, legislative and regulatory matters.
- Utilizing a "hands-on" style, directs and generally supervises activities of the Region, including, but not limited to, the operational, engineering, marketing and sales aspects of the business with the objective of sustainable profitable growth and people development.
Other Responsibilities/Peripheral Functions:
- Complies with all corporate policies, group strategies and business practices.
- Participates in job site visits as required.
- Oversees Reinforces safety standards and adherence to safety policies. Ensures execution of safety improvement plan based on annual audits.
- Other duties and internal projects as assigned and appropriate, such as participation in various company committees/teams.
- Proactively searches for opportunities for productivity gains of regional branches through product innovation, automation, digitization and constant improvement measures.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree is preferred in an engineering/technical undergraduate discipline; a Masters of Business Administration would be a plus.
- Proven successful General Management (P&L) experience & track record; excellent understanding of managing revenue, costs and profitability.
- Possesses strong leadership skills, effectively manages a diverse team and achieves results.
- Thorough knowledge of the various aspects of the concrete forming business and / or outstanding commercial knowledge (Sales & Business Development experience) paired with strong business acumen and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills including and command of English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and effective problem solving skills.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications.
- Willing and able to learn new computer systems, products, concepts and techniques.
- Able to work as an organized team player in a results-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel minimum 50% for East/South and West/Midwest regions, minimum 25% for Northeast.
Doka offers terrific career opportunities, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account, company paid life insurance, supplemental voluntary term life insurance, 401k retirement plan (Roth and Non-Roth), short-term disability, AFLAC policies, paid time off (sick/personal, vacation, floating holiday and company paid holidays) and an exciting opportunity to join Doka.
If joining an industry leader excites you, please submit your resume by clicking below.
If you have previously applied, it is not necessary to apply again.
Visit us on-line at [Link Removed] for additional information on Doka USA, Ltd.
Doka is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A company of the Umdasch Group
Candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.