Doka is one of the world's leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork solutions for use in all fields of the construction sector. The Doka Group is a company of the Umdasch Group and employs more than 6,000 people in over 70 countries.
Summary Of Position:
The Project Manager bears the operational responsibility for performance of the project. In particular, this means the achievement of objectives defined in the project assignment and of the specifications relating to scope of work, resources, deadlines, costs monitoring and close-out. Furthermore, strong leadership, direction, team building, team development and team management are incumbent of him/her. The intention is to achieve the uniform, economical, quality-compliant, on-schedule and low risk performance of projects.
- Implementation of project objectives
- Delivery of agreed project results within the scope, time frame and budget
- Application of project management methods and processes according to the Doka project management standard
- Head of project team
- Establishes and sustains effective working relationships with the customer, jobsite personnel and internal departments to support the customer in creating and implementing effective formwork solutions.
- Full decision-making authority within the project in accordance with the project mandate
- Creating project agreement within project team
- Preparation of project calculation with DokaCalc for customer projects
- Selection of project team members in consultation with line managers
- Implementation of the project in accordance to the Doka standard, project planning, controlling, close down (tasks, deadlines, resources, budget, risks,etc.)
- Work package distribution within the project team
- Maintenance of the interfaces with other projects, customers, jobsite personnel, departments, organizations, authorities
- Project communication, information, marketing
- Moderates project team meetings
- Execution of work packages
- Prepares status reports and controlling meetings
- Timely communication of relevant project data to the Head of Project Management for the implementation of multi-project management
- Regularly updates the project schedules and monitors project costs vs project calculation.
- Know-how transfer in the company
- Signature of all documents within the agreed signature rules between project owner and project manager
- Active contract, risk, claim and risk management
- Motivates team to ensure team and company objectives are met.
Other Responsibilities/Peripheral Functions:
- Approves work package results of the project team members
- Determine the required resources and seeks the approval from the responsible line managers
- Documenting and assessing the amended requests as well as having their effects approved chronologically, in terms of content and costs (extra costs, additional resource requirement etc.) prior to execution.
- Ensures safe working practices and a safe working environment.
- Other duties/projects as assigned, such as participating in company committees/teams.
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in engineering (civil or structural), construction management or project management preferred.
- 3 years of Doka and/or project management experience preferred.
- Able to schedule projects to meet deadlines.
- Excellent technical knowledge with experience in project management.
- Experienced in project management software and computer applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills including an excellent command of English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills and effective problem solving skills.
- Willing and able to learn new products, concepts and techniques.
- Organized team player with strong leadership skills and excellent time management skills. Able to work in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment.
- General understanding of U.S. regulations, local and national codes, legislation and trends impacting the formwork industry.
This position requires the ability to support the functional departments within the office and at the project site, solving design and field problems on short notice with minimal information.
Has extensive daily interaction with internal colleagues and management.
Position requires the ability to work in an organized manner, in a fast-paced environment and manage time to meet deadlines.
Working conditions vary from that of an office environment: dry, cool, well lighted, to outside conditions (equipment yard or job site), high noise level in certain areas, extreme outdoor temperatures.
Doka offers terrific career opportunities, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account, company paid life insurance, supplemental voluntary term life insurance, 401k retirement plan (Roth and Non-Roth), AFLAC policies, paid time off (sick/personal, vacation, floating holiday and company paid holidays) and an exciting opportunity to join Doka.
Visit us on-line at www.dokausa.com for additional information on Doka USA, Ltd.
Doka is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A company of the Umdasch Group
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.