Doka is a subsidiary of Umdasch Group which is located in Austria. While the Umdasch Group is celebrating over 150 years as a company with over 7000 employees worldwide, Doka is still relatively new in Canada - with approximately 15 years now in the formworks industry.
Doka is headquartered in Calgary, with offices in Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal and is staffed by approximately 150 employees. Doka is very much in a growing phase right now, rapidly growing across Canada with a goal and mission to become number one in the industry.
It's with this goal in mind that we are now looking for someone to help support our existing Account Managers with growth and development in and around our Vancouver Branch (Delta).
Doka is proud to provide its employees with a comprehensive wage and benefits program.
The Head of Human Resources, Canada position focuses on the business challenges at hand and for the future and carefully researches/implements effective HR services that support Doka Canada and all its' employees. This role is part of the Senior Management team and responsible for the strategic development and integration of HR topics into management decisions as well as for all operative HR processes in the business area.
- Oversees the rollout of the human resources strategy for Doka Canada;
- Develops strategic HR initiatives supporting the overall business strategy
- Cooperates and acts as sparring partner to the management team;
- Supports in labour law aspects, strategic personnel planning, personnel controlling and all other HR related topics and processes;
- Leads the personal development topics in Human Resources;
- Monitors and supports management with change processes and staff development projects;
- Cooperates in Doka / Umdasch group-wide HR projects;
- Leads management and employees in all compliance matters congruent with company policy
- Oversees and performs HR related tasks in an efficient manner as well as supervising any personnel that support HR business related projects or tasks;
- Oversees and supports, when required, Payroll personnel in tasks as necessary to ensure the integrity of data is accurately entered into all systems including, but not limited to - ADP (Workforce Now), SAP, SmartRecruiters, and any benefit providers;
- Accurately maintains spreadsheets and reports and ensures timely distribution to appropriate parties;
- Supports management in locating, recruiting new hires, assists new hires in navigating and completing the onboarding process, in addition to processing terminations;
- Supports the department and company objectives in a fast-paced environment.
Other Responsibilities/Peripheral Functions:
- Ensures safe working practices and a safe working environment;
- Other duties/projects as assigned, such as participating in company committees/teams.
- University degree in Human Resources with a demonstrated knowledge/focus on business development and payroll experience;
- Demonstrates progressive industry experience (minimum 5 years), preference will be given to candidates with international level experience;
- High management competence and consulting experience;
- Facilitates projects as well as effectively and decisively manages multiple tasks;
- Hands-on mentality with a strong practical approach;
- Supportive equally to management and employees alike;
- Ability to motivate him/herself and others, high customer- and team-orientation;
- Excellent command and communication in English (speaking, reading and writing); other linguistic abilities (particularly German) is advantageous but not required;
- Strong attention to detail, fast-learner, ambitious, self-motivated team player with strong organizational skills,
- Cultural awareness and willingness to travel (approximately 10-15%);
- Exercises sound judgement, is able to handle confidential information with discretion and demonstrate the highest level of service and response;
- Able to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously with a strong sense of urgency, initiative and personal drive;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with team members, colleagues, management and external partners (vendors);
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills;
- Emotional maturity;
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Applications (outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Visio a plus;
- Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills and technical proficiencies including, but not limited, ADP Workforce Now and working intelligently in other software programs;
- Able to work well with all levels of employee in the Company and with a culturally diverse workforce.
This position requires the ability to assess and provide solutions to assist in the management of the Human Resources Department and all employees. Able to resolve issues at times on short notice with minimal information.
Extensive daily interaction with colleagues, management and vendors in-person and over the telephone. Communicates effectively with all levels of management both internally and externally.
This position requires the ability to think strategically and analytically. Position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to organize and manage time to meet deadlines.
Working conditions of office environment: dry, cool, and well lit. Regular domestic and occasional international travel is required.
If you have a passion for Human Resources, Strategic Planning, and Employee Development, we look forward to receiving your application for this new role!
This position will remain open until suitable candidate is found. If interested please submit your resume and cover letter directly. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- Applicants must reside in Canada within local area of the facility and must be authorized to work for any employer in Canada
- Provide your desired salary expectations in your cover letter