It's more than a job. It's a passion.
Doka is one of the world's leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork solutions for use in all fields of the construction sector. The Doka Group is a company of the Umdasch Group and employs more than 6,000 people in over 70 countries.
The Demand Planner reports directly to the Branch and/or Operations Manager and is responsible for supporting Branch Operations with the analysis, procurement, and planning of material demands and the optimization of material stock levels. He/she is responsible for identifying order processing inefficiencies and assisting with the implementation of preventative and corrective measures. He/she provides expertise/know-how with respect to purchasing equipment, product strategy, proper documentation flow and transport logistics, and material forecasting ensuring compliance with all company guidelines and governing regulations.
- Responsible for all aspects of inventory and logistics on Branch level including stock optimization and demand planning.
- Assures quarterly safety stock level checks are reviewed and updated in our in-house software system in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the procurement of goods and services is coordinated with the Controller/CFO and Head of Procurement for the respective areas of responsibility within the signing authority limits and in compliance with the procurement guidelines.
- Assure delivery dates and planned return dates are reviewed an updated regularly to guarantee data quality.
- Continually tracks and monitors the inventory using the in-house order processing system assuring inventory levels are properly maintained.
- Monitors and reviews the physical inventory counts, identifies and improves stock discrepancies.
- Reviews material requests to determine appropriate material utilization and ensure compliance to the company product strategy.
- Guarantees both the ability to supply customer orders and an optimal equipment non-utilization rate/Coverage at all times.
- Develop stock optimization methods in accordance with Doka's strategic direction.
- Creates, generates and distributes a large volume of spreadsheets and reports.
- Plans, navigates and regulates material demands as well as the logistic process in the region.
- Implementation of group wide logistic standards and processes within the region.
- Supports in implementing the product policy, cares for organized and managed material outflow to make room for new developed products (part of the product life cycle management).
Other Responsibilities/Peripheral Functions
- Other duties/projects as assigned; including participating in company committees/teams.
- Assists in ensuring safe working practices and a safe working environment
- Complies with all corporate policies and business practices.
- Actively participates in facility/equipment management meetings as required.
- Process audits and enforces the continuous improvement process (CIP)
- Identifies inventory discrepancies and notifies the National Operations team of all discrepancies using the proprietary software system in a timely manner.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor's Degree in Business or Logistics preferred.
- 2- 5 years of recent experience in administration, operations or logistics preferred.
- Facilitates projects and effectively manages multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication skills including an excellent command of English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills possess strong numeric aptitude, technical proficiency and effective problem solving skills.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications; advanced Excel required.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Willing and able to learn new computer systems, products, concepts and techniques.
- Able to work as an organized team player in a results-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Open-minded towards different cultural groups
- Awareness of responsibility and identification with function, team, employees and targets
Doka offers terrific career opportunities, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account, company paid life insurance, supplemental voluntary term life insurance, 401k retirement plan (Roth and Non-Roth), short-term disability, AFLAC policies, paid time off (sick/personal, vacation, floating holiday and company paid holidays) and an exciting opportunity to join Doka USA.
If joining an industry leader excites you, please submit your resume by clicking below.
If you have previously applied, it is not necessary to apply again.
Visit us on-line at [Link Removed] for additional information on Doka USA, Ltd.
Doka is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A company of the Umdasch Group
Candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.