Doka is one of the world's leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork solutions for use in all fields of the construction sector. The Doka Group is a company of the Umdasch Group and employs more than 6,000 people in over 70 countries.
Summary Of Position
The Customer Service Representative will support and assist the Operations Manager. He/she will partner with the Sales team and handle all aspects of servicing accounts including but not limited to order processing and invoicing, inventory management and control, processing returns, voids, branch office and equipment logistics, yard operations and administration of the daily operations of the Operations Department including but not limited to assisting the Operations Manager with month end closing duties.
- Manages and maintains all aspects of customer accounts and the order process including order placement and order entry, follow up, price verification and product inquiries, using an in house order processing system.
- Communicate with customers/sales personnel regarding product availability, delivery dates, order cancellations, and order status via phone, fax and email in a fast-paced environment.
- Interface on a daily basis with all levels of staff as well as Sales, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Yard personnel etc., to ensure customer needs are met.
- Able to effectively handle a high volume of calls and respond to inquiries or resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Timely communicate issues that affect the original order status.
- Accurately handles pricing, order entry billing and credit requests on a timely basis.
- Identifies and researches any order processing system inaccuracies, recommends solutions and takes action insuring corrective measures are immediately implemented.
- Manages the back order process and consistently ensures that back orders have been satisfied.
- Identifies insufficient inventory and notifies logistics/operations personnel to ensure the procurement and equipment transfer process begins immediately.
- Reviews order confirmations to confirm accurate billing.
- Consistently quotes the correct custom item cost price and list price to both the customer and salesperson.
- Ensure all services are invoiced to the customer according to the terms of the contract and/or the customer purchase order.
Other Responsibilities/Peripheral Functions
- Handles special projects as assigned; including participating in company committees/teams.
- Flexible to work additional hours as required.
- Continually builds product knowledge.
- Assists in ensuring safe working practices and a safe working environment.
- Complies with all corporate policies and business practices.
- High School Graduate
- 1-3 years related experience (customer service, business administration, or logistics preferred).
- Associate Degree in Business or related field a plus.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-up skills along with a strong numerical aptitude required.
- Effectively manages multiple tasks and handles all responsibilities with a strong sense of urgency.
- Able to manage time effectively, take initiative, manage and adjust priorities.
- Excellent communication skills including an excellent command of English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and effective problem solving skills.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications.
- Willing and able to learn new products, concepts and techniques and computer software programs.
- Team player able to work independently in a results-driven, fast-paced environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.