It's more than a job. It's a passion.
Doka is one of the world's leading companies for developing, manufacturing and distributing formwork solutions for use in all fields of the construction sector. The Doka Group is a company of the Umdasch Group and employs more than 6,000 people in over 70 countries.
Position available in Channahon, IL, Riverside, CA, or Sedalia, CO.
- Perform all collection related tasks, including calls and correspondence, and follow up activity
- Identify and resolve disputed items, and involve Sales team, when necessary
- Provide back-up documentation to customers and Sales team - invoice copies, short payment details, account analysis, proof of delivery, etc.
- Prepare credit memos, offsets & write-offs
- Perform credit investigations - D&B reports, bank & trade references, payment experience.
- Assess credit worthiness of new & existing customers and recommend actions necessary to protect Doka's interests, i.e. deposits required, payment plans, etc.
- Estimate reserve requirements for credit memos and bad debt write-offs
- Initiate and coordinate activities with Collection agencies, attorneys, courts, pre-liens, lien actions, and security documents
- Review, and approve load sheets for shipments to new and existing customers
- Prepare reports and attend monthly Credit meetings to review account status and recommend corrective actions
- Follow corporate guidelines and procedures set and report risks/non-paying customers and set appropriate measures (i.e., placing accounts on credit hold)
- Follow through on "action items" assigned at Credit meeting. Also work with Sales team to ensure assigned actions are carried out on a timely basis.
- Prepare monthly aging and DSO reports assessing status of receivables. Distribute reports with comments highlighting key accounts and trends
- Maintain customer contracts
- Prepare analytical spreadsheets for Area/Branch Manager and Account Managers.
Other Responsibilities/Peripheral Functions
- Prepare receivables presentations for Sales meetings, highlighting issues and suggested actions to improve receivables turnover
- Document daily collection activities within SAP
- Document credit limits
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Accounting preferred
- 5 + years experience in Credit & Collections; commercial construction industry experience preferred
- Goal oriented individual with a proven track record of success
- Working knowledge of construction lien / bond laws and regulations
- Working knowledge of bankruptcy / UCC laws and regulations
- Strong negotiating and organization skills
- Strong understanding of financial terminology and accounting methods a plus
- Microsoft Office experience required including proficiency using Excel; SAP experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and manage time effectively
This position requires the ability to support the Branch office and serve as a financial liaison resolving issues at times on short notice with minimal information.
Extensive daily interaction with colleagues and management. Consistently delivers high standards of customer service and communicates effectively.
This position requires the ability to think strategically. Position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to be organized and manage time to meet deadlines.
Working conditions of an office environment: dry, cool, and well lighted.
Doka offers terrific career opportunities, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account, company paid life insurance, supplemental voluntary term life insurance, 401k retirement plan (Roth and Non-Roth), short-term disability, AFLAC policies, paid time off (sick/personal, vacation, floating holiday and company paid holidays) and an exciting opportunity to join Doka USA!
If joining an industry leader excites you, please submit your resume by clicking below.
If you have previously applied, it is not necessary to apply again.
Visit us on-line at www.dokausa.com for additional information on Doka USA, Ltd.
Doka is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A company of the Umdasch Group
Candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.